Monday 25 May 2015

The day of listing

Thursday 21st May

I've not been listed yet because heartlands hospital haven't released my eye test screening to Papworth so I asked Nottingham nicely on Tuesday to book me in here while I'm on IVs again so they can fax the results over to Papworth and I can finally be put onto the active list.

About 10.30am Dr Clayton comes into my room on ward round and is asking how things are and if I've heard from Papworth when my phone rings, so I excuse myself as it's a private number and thank god it was Papworth.

The wonderful lady on the other end of the phone says those magical words to me and a huge weight is lifted off my shoulders, she says 'Callum, I've some great news, you will be on the active list by 12.00' so I confirmed she meant an hour and a half later and she did and with that I was listed.

The ward round were over the moon and all congratulated me, as they left the room I instantly called Emily to let her know I was on, then I called my mom and dad and nan just so everyone knew, then I announced my news onto Facebook.

I'm over the moon to be listed but it's now a waiting game until I get the call, I've got everything crossed it's not a long wait because from meeting Dr Thomas to being listed has been less than a month. I'm hoping that's an omen that my listing time will be short.

No comments:

Post a Comment