Monday 25 May 2015

The stranger

You don't know me, and I don't know you, we may have passed in the street, we probably never have, but a selfless decision you've made will ultimately save my life, the life of someone you've never met and never will meet. Someone who may have completely opposing opinions and views on life as you, but you've decided that doesn't matter because your selfless and you want to save lives when yours comes to an unfortunate end. I cannot begin to think of the pain your family will go through when you pass away, but you don't want mine to go through it either so you've offered to help. The thing I can't help thinking is that while I'm writing this your currently doing whatever you do in life, it's 11pm at night, there stands a good chance your in bed sleeping so you can get up tomorrow and go to work to fund the lifestyle you live, pay the rent or mortgage on the house you live in with your partner maybe, and possibly even your children. I wouldn't wish for anyone's life to be cut short, let alone it be cut short for me to live, but I've been told that isn't how it works. Unfortunately you passed away because it was your time to go, but you said that someone deserves the chance to live on with your lungs and I am that lucky person. When that call comes for me, your family will also receive a call or awful news. From your death will come my rebirth, it will be the chance I am waiting for to live my life with my girlfriend. And I will be eternally grateful for you for making thay choice to give me that chance! I don't know you, and I never will, but I'd like to say thank you, a great big massive thank you for the chance you've given me to live my life. Stranger I will never meet, thank you x

No comments:

Post a Comment